Tuesday 14 July 2015

Trash Tuesday

It was a beautiful day in south-east Scotland. The birds were attempting to tweet despite having litter stuck in their throats, the sun was shining.... behind the permanent layer of clouds, and Shiina was enjoying sleeping in a bit later than usual.

But THEN---! A wild garbage truck appeared!

I can normally sleep through the low-tone noise of motors and cluttering. Doesn't bother me. That or I wake up for a few seconds.

However... today's garbage truck was REALLY goddamn loud. It made the kind of noise you'd think a rusty old bike would make as you dragged it out of a shit-coloured river. It made the kind of noise you'd think dragging chalk down a board would make. It made the kind of noise you'd think the driver of the fucking truck would make as you crushed him with the fucking mechanical lifting arm on the back.

This... utter bullshit... hit me at like 8.30am. I'm just silently dreaming about eating cherry cake, smiling creepily, then this giant fucking grinding noise comes in through the window, turning my silence into a roar of great pain and anger.

Annnd now I can't get back to sleep.

Fuck you, reality.